Right House, Right Price
Finding the Right House for the Right Price
- Once Buyers know how much house they can afford, they concentrate their search in the areas where home values correspond to their price range.
- Learning the market is a matter of comparison shopping. Buyers learn value by comparing the location, size, condition and amenities of one home with those of another, similarly priced.
- An agent’s feedback and perspective will help you rate priorities and sort through many choices. For instance:
- Is new and perfect better for you than historic and mellow?
- Do the interior spaces of House A fit your lifestyle better than the floorplan of House B?
- Should the yard be low maintenance or provide play space? What is more important, privacy or a good view?
- What is the price of convenience – the value of nearby schools, shopping and easy commutes?
- The more home buyers evaluate, the better they learn the market. The more they know, the more confident they become. With confidence comes decisive action followed by success.
- A designated buyer’s agent can help you interpret key information about recent neighborhood sales which relate to the subject property; the length of time a property has been on the market; and its original asking price.
Trust and communication are the foundation of a productive buyer-agent working relationship.